300 Word Paper on Final Project
For my final project I chose to capture laughter. Not fake or staged laughter, but actual, real, whole-hearted laughter. I chose this as my topic because laughter is was gets me through life. It's contagious, fun, and can help you let go of any stress or pain you’re feeling. I laugh everyday and I feel that it is important to laugh and to make others laugh to help remember to not take life so seriously. One of my favorite quotes from the movie Garden State is, “If you can’t laugh at yourself, life’s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you like.” I live by this quote, and am so happy that I now have pictures of some of my very close friends laughing and enjoying life. Now, when I look at these pictures I can laugh in memory of that funny joke, or video, or conversation that made my friends burst out in laughter.
Everyone’s laughter is unique, special, and beautiful and is also universal. It is impossible to be in a room filled with laughter and not laugh yourself. It is also impossible to look at a person laughing and not smile or laugh yourself. The sound of laughter and the faces people make when they laugh can also cause even more laughter, and that is definitely something I learned while working on this project. It’s interesting when you look at all the photos and you really can see how each laugh is unique and different. Some people use their hands to cover their face when they laugh, others squeeze their eyes shut, some crinkle their nose all up, and some have the biggest smile you have ever seen.
Again, the idea behind this project was just to make people laugh. There is so much stress in this world and in people’s lives, I really wanted to create something that they can look at to remember to have fun and not take life so seriously. I wanted something to share with people so they can just take a minute to smile, laugh, and be happy, and I feel like these photos do just that.
No comments:
Post a Comment