“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are." ~Ernst Haas

Friday, November 5, 2010

Final Project

I have two ideas that I really like for my final project.  I would like to try and execute both if I am feeling ambitious enough and have the time.  My first idea is capturing laughter.  Not fake or staged laughter, but actual, real, whole-hearted laughter.  Laughter is was gets me through life, it's contagious, fun, and can help you just let go of any stress or pain your'e feeling.  Everyones laughter is unique, special, and beautiful. I plan to sit down with some close friends and family and I will sit with them for hours if I have to until I can capture their real, uncut, untamed laughter.  I think this idea because laughter is universal.  It is impossible to look at a person laughing and not smile.  There is so much stress in this world today and in peoples lives, I want to give them something to look at where they can take a minute to smile, laugh, and be happy, and I feel like these photos will do just that.

My second idea is to take photos of people shoes.  People I know, people I don't know, old people, young people, etc.  The whole reason behind this comes from the saying, "you can tell a lot about a person from their shoes."  Shoes are so interesting and I believe that people wear most of their personality on their feet.  I think this could be really fun and interesting.  I think the idea that people will only see shoes will intrigue them and make the photos interactive because they will be able to generate an idea in their head what they think the person looks like.

1 comment:

  1. First one sounds good.

    Second one make sure a the pictures are interesting photographically, lighting, perspective, form, etc. that even if I don't care about shoes it will still be enjoyable. And make sure that most people can tell who the person would be would where the shoe I want the meaning of the shows to be clear and varied.

    Either way you need to rewrite your proposal so there is only on topic by next week and post another link because I will be holding you to that topic.

    ReplyDelete